Saturday, May 06, 2006

How It All Vegan...

I'm finally making my maiden post on this food blog.

Recently, I've become vegetarian (pescetarian if you want to be picky about terminology) and an avid dinner party-attender/planner. This all adds up to my addition to Alex's Tasty Travels, of weekly (if not more frequently) vegetarian/vegan dishes that I've tried out.

This week, I present:

Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms

Ingredients:
12 large portobello mushrooms
2 small zucchinis, roughly chopped
2 small carrots (I used about 12 baby carrots), roughly chopped
4 tbsp butter (margarine if vegan)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
1 tbsp of olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black papper
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove stems from mushrooms and set aside. In a blender or food processor, combine mushroom stems, carrots, zucchinis until they are finely chopped. In a large saucepan on medium heat, saute the mix in butter for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and parsley and cook for another minute. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool. Place the mushroom caps on baking sheet. Fill caps with vegetable mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan and olive oil. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until mushrooms are browned. Cool before serving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home